Saturday, November 06, 2010

First Rule of Delegation....

Beware of Unintended Consequences!!

 I asked Don to do a simple task today: Please take Bailey to her birthday party and COME STRAIGHT BACK, because Hannah and I had date with a soccer game at 2:30.

Um right. Apparently COME STRAIGHT BACK really means "Stop at a garage sale and bring home not one but two large bird cages. Please make sure they have birds in them." Silly me. What was I thinking?

Meet BB (for Big Bird), a Harlequin Macaw.


Clarence, a Sun Conure


And Puma, looking a little put out.
Puma's wondering how long she'll be expected to tolerate this injustice.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... He should have called me before he bought an exotic bird. Do you not remember Rufus? I loved that bird, but you have just bought an extremely demanding, expensive, long-living pet... You have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, there's a long list of people he should have called first, like his wife? The rumor is that he didn't buy them, they were castoffs. This should be clue number one... if someone doesn't what them, why would you! And I DO remember Rufus. Rufus DID NOT like me. BB doesn't seem as particular. I'm thinking the free section of Craigslist might be a pretty quick and painless way to pay the love forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me that Puma is wanting to babysit BB~which may include a late night snack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. A snack for Puma or a snack for BB? Puma won't even walk through the living room! I had to let Puma out the kitchen door so she could walk around the house to come in the bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is determined that I will never come to your house! How am I even friends with you all! chickens, pigeons,and now parrots!!!

    ReplyDelete