I spent part of my morning watching the oldest old-school dentist ever extract a tooth from my crazy paranoid phobic hypochondriac husband's head. Who needs reality tv with this kind of entertainment available? This is the third (maybe fourth?) dentist Don has seen for his aching tooth over the course of two or more years. The saying, "there's someone for everyone" really holds true here. I would not have gone near this dentist. And the feeling was mutual, as he didn't really want me anywhere near during the procedure. Mind you, it was not my choice. I don't ask to be a part of these things, really I don't. I don't really like to go to my own dentist, let alone someone else's. But someone had to bar the door. A person can take the whining only so long. And in the end, this cranky old dentist was the one to calm Don down enough to get the nasty tooth out of his head.Monday, February 08, 2010
Who needs reality tv: the dental episode
I spent part of my morning watching the oldest old-school dentist ever extract a tooth from my crazy paranoid phobic hypochondriac husband's head. Who needs reality tv with this kind of entertainment available? This is the third (maybe fourth?) dentist Don has seen for his aching tooth over the course of two or more years. The saying, "there's someone for everyone" really holds true here. I would not have gone near this dentist. And the feeling was mutual, as he didn't really want me anywhere near during the procedure. Mind you, it was not my choice. I don't ask to be a part of these things, really I don't. I don't really like to go to my own dentist, let alone someone else's. But someone had to bar the door. A person can take the whining only so long. And in the end, this cranky old dentist was the one to calm Don down enough to get the nasty tooth out of his head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ouch! I love that cranky ol' dentist let you take pictures though... Maybe next time, Don won't wait as long?! Nah... never mind!
ReplyDeleteCranky old dentist did not know I was taking pictures. I'm sure that would NOT have been acceptable. I tried to be as invisible as possible, while refusing to leave.
ReplyDeleteUgh!!!!! that is so gross!!!!!
ReplyDelete