Saturday, January 09, 2010

Camas Love

Working too many days in a row starts to wear me out.  I meant to do office work yesterday, really I did.  Fridays are usually good days to push everything off my desk on to someone else's. But then my standing Friday morning conference call canceled.  So I slept late.... By then, what's the point?

A break in the routine seemed in order. Plus it was Friday, so that means estate sale day.  So it seemed like a good day to play hookie.  We hit a couple estate sales.  Don got a fantastic hat that I will have to photo when he gets back from his dig.  Otherwise, just random stuff.  But we did get to finally visit Paper Tiger Coffee!  Paper Tiger is a regular at the Camas Farmer's Market who recently opened a brick and mortor location in Vancouver.  And what a great location it is!  An old school classic with great coffee, comfortable seating, lots of natural light.  The only thing that would make it better is if it was within walking distance of my house!

That seemed to set the theme for the rest of the day.  It was like a mini vacation day, but without leaving the neighborhood.  I met some friends for an early happy hour at Harwoods, the new martini bar in town, then toured the shops and visited with friends at "First" Friday, and finished off with my favorite corn fritters and key lime at my favorite--Around the Table.

After all the love, I didn't really mind working on a Saturday to make up for it!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely... Certainly worth the trade of days...

    ReplyDelete