Oh boy, here goes. The living room remodel has started, whether we're ready or not. The first stage is to scrape and remud the walls. The last remodel appears to have been done in the early 80's. The walls are lathe and plaster. To update, the previous effort included some kind of swirly spackle. Even if it wasn't old, it's not pretty. Luckily, we have a dry wall expert in the family, who was kind enough to offer his services. Today's the day.

We offed some of the furniture to Craigslist, the rest is piled on the porch. I guess I'm going to have to hurry up and figure out the color scheme, because painting the walls is going to be next! Good thing I cleared the porch last week. There's still more to go. Good thing the Ark truck is scheduled for next week.
And here's our household zen master, Gizmo. If she can't see it, it must not crashing down all around her. A lesson I hope to learn.
And I'm taking bets on when it will be finished. I say, not before Labor Day. :)
ReplyDelete