Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hitting the Wall

I hit the wall about 20 minutes ago and exploded like a pipe bomb. Not surprisingly, but still makes me feel bad when it happens. First, there's work. Some days, its just annoying as hell.  Then there's the seminar I agreed to speak at in mid May. The materials were due yesterday and I'm not even close to finished. There's Farmer's Market stuff, opening day is 37 days away and there is still a lot to be done. There's the girls, and getting ready them mentally ready for the state championship in a week and half. There's helping Memaw pack a 2,000 square foot house (and garage still packed from the last move) and get it into storage this weekend so she can move into a 400 sq foot apartment, in my basement. Because of the move, her piano is coming to my living room.  Which means the planned remodel has to start now.  So, tomorrow, Jen & Juan are coming to scrape and remud the walls.  Which means that a lot of the crappy make-do furniture we've been living needs to go away, quickly.  There's the PTA teacher potluck I agreed to cook for tomorrow.  There's the chickens that have to be watched, because animal control finally came by to tell us they can't be running in the streets.  (Get this, an off leash cat is no big deal, an off leash dog is an $87 ticket, but an off leash chicken is $250.  What's up with THAT!)  There's the computer virus on Don's computer.  There's the bathroom that needs cleaning and a kitchen floor that I just mopped that needs to be mopped again.  With all that, and the dinner, and the homework, and the laundry and all the other crap that has to happen every single day, I finally snapped.  
If there was a hotel in town, I'd be moving in there now.  Good thing the Best Western's grand opening is Friday, save me a room.

2 comments:

  1. You really are the queen of multi tasking. I feel overwhelmed when Gabriel is teething and I still need to make dinner before Josh gets home. ;)Hoping all gets done for you quick, then maybe you should schedule yourself a few days time off (From experience, if you schedule it in there, you'll usually do it). I think it's safe to say you deserve it. Tell the fam "Hi" for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you need anything!!! I'm a great helper!!!

    Don't feel so bad...we all lose it once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete