
The Great Bedroom Makeover continues. We made some good progress last night, and actually got to check a Craft Debacle off the list!! The
Bean Bag Chair is finished!! I wasn't going to budge until something was finished last night. I had sewn most of the outer cover on Christmas day. The stuffing finally arrived from
www.beanbags.com on Friday, in a huge box. [Yep, there
really is a place called beanbags.com. And they sell bean bags. Who knew? They also sell "bean bag beans" which are this funny little unearth-friendly pellets. Yep, we now own several cubic
feet of the little things.
Never mind that on Sunday I discovered that Fred Meyer carries beanbag filling. Why did I never check there? I checked every other place!] There isn't anywhere for the box to be out of the way, so the project had to be finished. I cut and stitched the liner and put in the zippers last night. (
Btw, sewing zippers is a NIGHTMARE I hope never to repeat.) By 9:15, it was finally ready to stuff. That's when the NIGHTMARE really began. Don came in to get the girls ready for bed, to find the three of us trying to stuff these little martian pellets into the tiny zippered hole I left for the job. It didn't get really messy until Don got involved.

But now, here it is. It isn't at all what I pictured it was going to be, but it worked pretty well and the girls love it. At some point, there will have to be a second one, but now that we have the drill, it will be much easier!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's, ummmmmmmmmmm, lovely. I don't do beanbags because I have had the pleasure more than once of picking up those nasty little styrofoam balls. Never again, thank you very much!
ReplyDeleteThe styrofoam balls were not fun! I was going to skip the liner part, but after I saw what those things were I took the extra step. Good thing too!
ReplyDeleteI almost told you over winter break that they had them at Fred meyer,but it seemed like you had already ordered them:(
ReplyDeleteThat was a diaster. I remember that. IT was the worst thing ever!!!!!!!! But im glad it happend. We sure learned our lesson big time.
ReplyDelete