Menu Plan Monday: Planning for this week's menus was a struggle. The weather has been so strange, the produce boxes from the farm are an odd collection. Lots of winter squashes (I love, as you can see. Turns out, I could eat squash for every meal, which is just what I did on Sunday!) and eggplant (ugh, more?) and peppers (ugh, green peppers and hot peppers, why?). Everything that sounds good to me is going to be a challenge to get the girls to eat. They may be eating a lot of cereal for dinner this week! Plus, we have more evening activities than usual. And I may have to travel on Tuesday, adding another evening to the mix, which will really throw the plan in the muck.
Baking: Muffins (Golden Muffins), Bread
Cookies:Lemon Sables
Soup: Butternut Squash and Leek
-----------------------------------
Saturday, October 25 : Halloween Party
Sunday, October 26 : Beef Roast with Roast Vegetables
Monday, October 27 : Chicken, Eggplant and Tomato Curry
Tuesday, October 28 : Beef Pot Pie
Wednesday, October 29 (Class Night) : Pasta with Sauce & Garlic Toast
Thursday, October 30 (Choir) : Breakfast
Friday, October 31 (Halloween) : Stuffed peppers? Probably Frozen Pizza
Saturday, November 1 (Girls with Memaw) : Lentils with Eggplant and Garam Masala
I'm going to blog my menus so you can be reminded that not everyone has local produce readily available(unless you count sugar beets...)
ReplyDeleteThank God for Costco!
You know what the perfect solution would be, move to Camas. The homeschool here too, you know. Then you could homeschool ours too!
ReplyDeleteYou know what the perfect solution would be, move to Camas. The homeschool here too, you know. Then you could homeschool ours too!
ReplyDelete