Saturday, September 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday, September 22

Last week's reality: The Roma tomatoes became salsa, 4 pints. After all the warnings in the canning books, I just hope we don't die this winter eating it. If we end up with a mysterious illness, it'll be because the naysayers were right. Until then, it was a great way to use up all the jalapeno and gypsy peppers that have been accumulating in the crisper. Our Menu Plan more or less worked, although not the predicted days.
I over did a bit at the market today, there are just two more markets and 5 more weeks of our CSA. I'm mourning the loss of fresh vegetables already and trying to get as much in our bodies, in jars and in the freezer as time, the weather, and finances allow. This was the first week the market saw winter squashes. I'm looking forward the Amazon Bean Soup this week (my absolute favorite). And finally, eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes all in the same week for ratatouille. In a normal season, we would be sick of ratatouille by now. Instead, it's late September and this will be our first (and probably only) batch. There are about 4 recipes I wanted to do this week with greens but I only have enough kale for one. We are looking forward to a pretty basic week so there should be lots of time to cook!

Muffins: Apple Strudel or Ginger Zucchini

Soup: Amazon Bean Soup

Canning Projects: Roma Tomatoes (again, last week's became salsa, this week's will probably be sauce); Pear Preserves (if the pears ripen).

Saturday, September 20 (Farmer's Market)

Dinner at a Friend's
Sunday, September 21
Salmon
Monday, September 22
Roast Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli
Tuesday, September 23 (Gym)
Chicken and Rice Soup
Wednesday, September 24 (Gym)
Thursday, September 25 (Errands)
Breakfast
Friday, September 19 (Gymnastics Superstar)
Dinner Out

No comments:

Post a Comment