Friday, September 14, 2007
The beef comes home
The other tour this week was to Olympia and back on Thursday. (Poor Rosie, she'll be up to 100,000 and she's only 32 months old.) I had to go up for a meeting with a reorganizing homeowners association, but had the good fortune to be able to pick up our beef order at the same time. I'll admit that I'm just as confused as ever about the butcher order experience. We were supposedly getting more roasts than steaks or hamburger, but now that the order's come in, I would be afraid to have been the more steaks and hamburger version. Our quarter came to 22 packages of hamburger and 32 steaks, plus two packages of stew meat, one brisket, one pot roast, one rump roast, two packages of short ribs, two soup bones and two bags (big bags) of big bones. I'm still not too sure about those big bones. I haven't the faintest clue what that's all about. I grilled a sirloin steak for lunch and it was delicious. Now I have to figure out what to do with 7 different kinds of steak. I'm a little overwhelmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment