Menu Plan Monday: A week without a sick day, yahoo!!
And how did the menu plan do? About 50%. The pear tart got kicked over again. The problem is that it's too complicated. But I have a bunch of canned pears left from last year that need to be used for something because they don't have enough favor to be eaten on their own. I made apple muffins instead, like apple pie in a muffin--yum! Sunday was pizza from the freezer because the girls had a late lunch with the mom that I misinterpreted as an early dinner so punted the pork chops to Monday. By the time the hunger howls came, it was too late. The Pork Chops with cherries were tasty, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless cherries were in an oversupply. Monday ended up being changed to breakfast because dad was home alone with the girls, but then Hannah found a play date which left dad and Bailey stuck to their own devices--that means ham sandwiches and cereal. The Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps were okay but nothing special, the girls thought it was weird to wrap meat in lettuce to eat. Nothing like the lettuce wraps at Wild Ginger. I'm still on the hunt for a lettuce wrap recipe. I'm hoping for lots of lettuce when the garden gets into swing this winter. The chicken with orzo was nothing special either. I like the idea of the Relish service, but prefer my own arsenal of recipes.
This weekend is the Hillsdale Farmer's Market. I'm hoping for some mushrooms and cold frame greens for next week!
Soup: From the freezer!
-----------------------------------
Saturday, March 7 : Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Sunday, March 8 (Meet Day) : Dinner out with the team
Monday, March 9 (Dad on his own) : Breakfast, tasty eggs from Betty & Blue, and maybe Banty if we can find her hiding spot before the easter bunny does.
Tuesday, March 10 (Class Night): Steak and Mushroom Stir fry
Wednesday, March 11 : Asian Chicken & Squash Stew
Thursday, March 12 (Girls at sleepovers) : Spanish Happy Hour at Around the Table!
Friday, March 13 : Salmon
Saturday, March 14 : leftovers
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment