Menu Plan Monday: Wow, am I ever glad February is over. First a week in bed with the flu, then a trip to chiropractor (if anyone's looking for a chiro in Camas, I have the ONE!!), then the Great West Gym Fest in Idaho (good times, but exhausting!), then the flu AGAIN or food poisoning, or something that involved puking and two ANOTHER days in bed. In between, bad news from the global economy, crappy weather, and middler schooler with an attitude. Good times. But the sun is coming out, the chickens are laying eggs again, dirt is coming for my garden boxes and we aren't bankrupt yet. Yahoo!
After four days of travel and eating out, I'm over fast food, but still exhausted and not all that into menu planning. House of the Missing Sock is trying out Relish!, an online menu planning service this week so I jumped in too. It looks like a great site for $7 a month. Pick 5 dinners and a dessert for a list, the site provides a shopping list and recipes all together. The recipes look easy enough to follow, with good fresh ingredients. The seasonality is a little off, we'll be using the last of zucchini in the freezer or substituting winter squash. So here's the menu plan for the week. No recipe links!
Baking: pear tart (Finally! It's been in the plan but I haven't had the time. Relish had a chocolate cake recommendation but it was a box of this and a jar of that kind of deal. Not my thing.), bread, granola
Soup: From the freezer!
-----------------------------------
Sunday, March 1 (Meet Day) : Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Cherries and Swiss Chard
Monday, March 2 (Dad on his own) : Individual Pizza Cups | Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges
Tuesday, March 3 (Class Night): Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps | Toasted Sesame Noodles
Wednesday, March 4 (CFM Event) : Herbed Chicken with Orzo and Zucchini | Pita Toasts
Thursday, March 5 : Japanese Grilled Chicken Skewers | Orzo Edamame Salad
Friday, March 6 : Friday Fish Fry at Around the Table!
Saturday, March 7 : leftovers
Have a great week!
I have been meaning to stop by your blog since I met you at a gym Meet. No wonder Beth thinks you are so cool - that is obvious by your blog!!! Sorry you have not been feeling well. I was down for 10+ days w/ pnemonea. My dr says I am no longer contageous, but I still have a cough that flairs now and then. Stinks! Next year I am getting the flu and pnemonea shot!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Roxanne
Thanks for the kind words! It's been a crazy winter, so much weather and so much sickness, ugh. Will we see you at Rose City?
ReplyDelete