Menu Plan Monday: I am forcing my mind and body back into a routine. The forecast tonight is for snow. Again. And the girls are scheduled to go back to school tomorrow. I just hoping we aren't looking at another snow day. I really will have to start thinking about homeschooling then. To get back in the swing of things, I'm back to menu planning. I read somewhere that people recycle old menu plans. Hmmm. I wonder if that would work? Probably not. After the third time of using a recipe, I'm done with it. Forever. Plus, our menus are seasonal when possible. This week, it lots of sweet potatoes, winter greens, and onions. Hopefully, the roads from Dee Creek will thaw enough this week for mushrooms and other things. I did buy two huge bags of organic veggies from Costco yesterday (corn and peas). That should hold us over until Storytree starts feeding us again in the spring.
Baking: banana bread, bread, granola
Soup: Our freezer is stocked--Amazon Bean, Black Eyed Peas, Split Pea, Yam Curry. Maybe, we'll just eat soup from the freezer this week!
-----------------------------------
Sunday, January 4 : Salmon and Chile-Roasted Vegetables
Monday, January 5 : Tacos (I'm in Seattle this night so Dad is on his own. That could mean anything, really. Poor kiddos.)
Tuesday, January 6 : Steak and Zucchini Fritters (from shredded zucchini in the freezer)
Wednesday, January 7 : Chicken fingers (I saw a recipe for some kind of encrusted chicken fingers somewhere. I'm hoping it was hazelnuts because we bought a bunch with our Nutcracker tickets) and roast sweet potato fries
Thursday, January 8 : Breakfast--Crepes and Fruit (The girls have been asking for crepes forever. I watched crepe making at Around the Table the other day so I'm going to brave it.)
Friday, January 9 : Sloppy Joes, unless the girls are with their mom, then Curried Salmon Cakes
Saturday, January 10 : VEGA Intersquad Meet. That means either concession food or Burgerville.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment