Monday, January 19, 2009
Food Fun....
We've been so busy on the bedroom lately, that I haven't been able to do much in the kitchen. But I did find time to make some blue and green jello squares. My Gram would have LOVED these. Jello in Seahawks colors! It was super easy, but a little time consuming. Each layer has to be laid down individually and allowed to set. I made them for the girls' new room sleepover this weekend and they ate them all! That's the equiavalent of 4 boxes of jello for 6 kiddos.
Layered Jello
4 packages JELLO (3 oz each) - whatever flavors
6 envelopes KNOX unflavored gelatin
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
Mix 1 cup condensed milk with 1 cup hot water. Set aside. Mix 2 envelopes Knox gelatin with 1 cup hot water; combine with milk mixture and set aside
Combine one box JELLO, 1 envelope Knox gelatin and 1-1/2 cups hot water. Cool, then pour into a 9x13 pan. Place in refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
*Note - the original version says to grease pan with mayonnaise - ewww. I skipped that and it worked okay, use your best judgment.
Pour about 1 cup of the milk mixture for the next layer. Refrigerate to set. Now each layer will only take 15 minutes to set.
Combine another box of JELLO, 1 envelope Knox gelatin and 1-1/2 cup hot water. Cool, and pour carefully over the milk mixture, then place in the refridgerator for another 15 minutes. Repeat the milk mixture....then the next color .... then the milk mixture... setting each for 15 minutes until finished.
I thought I was being clever, and let a couple of the layers set for 30 minutes, but by the time I got to the last milk layer it had started to set so was lumpy. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment