Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Why I am compulsive about organization...
Sometimes even I think I'm over the top, like any day now someone's going to slip me whatever they give ocd people to make them unwind. I have a lists of things, and daily habits to get everything done. Like, every night I put a load of laundry in the washer after the girls get into pjs but before tuck in so it's ready to transfer to the dryer before I go to bed. Then I fold it in the am. And menu planning for the week ahead. I had forgotten why those habits even came into being until this week. Coming into this week, I was looking at the first week in awhile with no travel days and no evening events, just a quiet week of being. HA! Then out of nowhere came word on Monday that I needed to be in Seattle for on Tuesday, then on Tuesday that I needed to be back in Seattle on Thursday. Both for clients that had gone into hybernation months ago, but are suddenly hot to take care of deals before the end of the year. So, although I did make lemon bars on Sunday, I'll be a week behind posting on those (and they were good! Worth the time to do again!). But in the meantime, the family is getting fed according to schedule and the laundry's getting done. And I've learned not to tempt fate by bragging about having time in my schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment