Friday, October 03, 2008

THE PLAN ... I think we finally have the school routine down. Famous last words, I'm sure. A month in and we've managed to find a way to get the laundry, dishes, showers, homework, school, work, gym and play time in. My clients that like to work late now know Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days I work evenings, but don't ask for a conference call between 2:30 and 4 any day of the week. That's the get home, get a snack, talk about our day, do homework, get dressed, get back out into the world hour for the girls. It is so nice to have them every week and not have work back into a routine every other week. It seems to really be helping the school work too. Every day is so busy, that extra stuff outside the routine really rocks the boat. There will be lots of rocking this week, I'm a little apprehensive about that.
As for last week's menu plan, Wednesday's freezer dinner was sloppy joes. I had to organize the freezer. After weeks of stuffing stuff in there, I found all kinds of stuff! But after Wednesday, it all fell apart. Thursday is always errand day and breakfast for dinner. This week I tried ham and cheeze muffins. I've read many recipes from people saying these are a family favorite. Not with this family. Ick. Yuck. Gross. Not going to make that mistake again! Then Friday, I wanted to go to Around the Table's reopening, but Don had other plans. I'm still put out about it.
This coming week has lots of crazy. Saturday is the last farmer's market. I have mixed feelings. It'll be nice to have Saturdays back for awhile, but I'll miss seeing all my friends and having so much happy produce around the house. Saturday and Sunday are the end of season retreat for the Farmer's Market Board. Monday, I have to be in Seattle. After that, the week is sooth sailing. Friday is a holiday and the girls are supposed to spend some time with their mom. That means a three day weekend for us! I think I'll sleep. Don is supposed to build me raised garden beds this fall, but the rains have started and my optimism is failing. Remember the chicken coop? I'm going to have to start my garden plants in his office. When he can't walk through the jungle anymore is about the time the beds will get put in. To be fair, he's started work on our apartment. First is the remodel of the girls' room. I try not to complain when I trip over half finished bits of projects around the house. At least this isn't the houseboat, the tools don't roll into the lake when I kick them out of my way. Of course that means he's not as careful about where he leaves them!
With all the travel this week, the menu plan's going to be easy. I haven't picked out all the recipes yet, but here's the general idea:

Canning Projects: This will depend on the last week of market. I could be done for the season, but our friend brought me 200 jars from a garage sale and they look so lonely empty. I promised House of the Missing Sock pictures of the fridge (so she can figure out where her bread dough will live) and of the pantry (she accused me of being one box of powdered milk shy of membership in LDS).

Baking: Muffins (Apple Strudel or Ginger Zucchini), Bread, Granola Soup: This week it's too much travel to get any soup made so it'll be something from the freezer store again.

-----------------------------------

Saturday, October 4 (Sun River)

Farmer's Market Board Retreat, Girls with Mom
Sunday, October 5 (Sun River)
Farmer's Market Board Retreat,
Meatloaf from the freezer
Monday, October 6 (Seattle)
Board Meeting in Seattle, Girls with Memaw
Tuesday, October 7
Baking / Shopping / Catch Up Day!
Beef & Bok Choy Hot Pot (Since I never got to it last week and this year's 1/4 beef arrived,the real reason I had to organize the freezer)
Wednesday, October 8 Pork Chops with Country Gravy Smashed potatoes Thursday, October 2 (Errands)
Breakfast
Friday, October 3 (Gym)
Holiday, Girls with Mom????
Steelhead (This will be the last of it unless my carpenter goes back to fishing!) and Moroccan Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment