Sunday, April 13, 2008
Sunny Sunday in the Garden
I can't say it was the first sunny day we've had in awhile. Despite the rain, we've had a few nice days too. We've actually been able to spend a couple days in the yard over the last few weeks. The rose bushes are recovering nicely from the major whack job I gave them last month, the daffs are gone but the tulips are still coming strong, the wildflower seeds are planted along the side of the house and we've caught up with all the bark chips the chickens like to kick off the retaining wall onto the sidewalk below. The next big project was to clean up the herb garden and plant some more seeds in the spaces.
The nice thing about an herb garden is that most of the plants overwinter well here. We started this last season with a couple 2 inch pots, mostly from our CSA. This year I've banished the tomatoes to an, as of yet, undetermined location, and planted onions and garlic in the back and sides instead. I'm hoping this will keep Puma and her friends from having their own designs on my garden space.
The chickens thought they'd come over to be helpful.
I can tell the difference, but can anyone else?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment