Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've become one of those...

...those freaky parents you read about that decide their kid(s) must be in a certain daycare, preschool, school, gym.  Gym.  Ahh.  The girls go to a gym across town, near where their mother used to live.  I put the kids in the recreational program in that gym originally because it was close to mom's and close to the school.  No reason to complain, just drive then there and pick them up once a week, every other week.  Now we're the one's complaining!  The recreational program turned into the competitive program.  Once a week turned into 5, sometimes 6 days a week between them and sometimes twice a day.  School near the gym is changing to a school near us, 20-25 minutes from the gym.  And for who knows how long, every other week turned into every week with us, weekends with mom.  The solution--a junior olympic gym near our house!  But is it as good?  I've called, I've visited with little flipper, I've visited with papa flipper, I've stalked moms who's kids go there, I've called the coach on his cell phone.  I even practiced saying the flippers' last name with a Russian accent.  I'm sold.  Never mind that the only thing I as part of the parent team have to do is shuttle, sign and wait in the lobby with the other parent teams.  Try outs are next week.  Wish us luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... you've come a long way. I don't know what to say. I'm frightened of people like you! :)

    ReplyDelete