Sunday, November 04, 2007

Honey, what were you thinking?

I may or may not have mentioned that the mud room is under construction. 800 sq feet is fine for weekends, even fine for alternating weeks, but the stuff that accumulates in full time occupation is impressive. The apartment always had a walled in porch. It used to serve as our storage area, but then Papa Snacker decided he was going to make part of it into his office and the other part my pantry. He came across a monstrosity of a shelving unit in a house under remodel and drug it home, where it's been living on the porch from easily 6 months. This weekend, it finally installed itself (with the lots of help) in the mud room, where it fits with less than 2 inches of clearance on either side. Apparently, the cart came before the horse because Papa Snacker had to replace the back on it, after it was in place! I've become used to pounding from the mud room, I don't even notice in anymore, except when its accompanied by loud yelling. Here's a picture of Papa Snacker climbing back over the top. He had crawled through the bottom, before he put the new back on, put the new back on and (you guessed it!) got stuck behind the shelves. Good thing he descended from the from Siberian monkeys! He was able to hoist himself up to the top (a scene of its own), but then didn't like the idea of dropping back down so was yelling for the ladder. I had to hold him hostage up there long enough to get a picture! Some days, its like living with Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Shhhhh... I have a "Tim" of my own. But I don't tell him that. He'd quit the home improvement projects and my tile would never get grout!

    ReplyDelete