Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Oops

Today was quite the shopping experience. Before kids and pets and apartment buildings, I had a lovely personal shopper at Nordstroms named Gloria. I would make an appointment, she would fill a dressing room with clothes, I would try them all on, reject most of them, and come home with one or two outfits. That was a long, long time ago. Ever since, the work wardrobe has been supplemented as a crisis occurs. But it's a new season, and I love fall clothes, so I made an appointment at the Portland Nordstroms with Holly. In two hours, she managed to suck an outrageous amount of money out of my back account, but I now have a lovely new fall wardrobe that fits, with pieces that will supposedly last me a lifetime. And at $268 per tank top, I should hope so!
Never mind that none of these outfits look all the different from the ones already in the wardrobe, it's the idea that counts. Now the combinations are limitless. Now I'm worn out! I can't tell you how many actual pieces of clothing I tried on to get to these 12, maybe 100? It took a solid 2 hours, door to door. And now, the next time I have to leave home to work, I'll look worth the price!

1 comment:

  1. Okay. I love the flippy black skirt! Very nice. Oh... and who on earth might you be talking on the phone in those pictures!? LOL!

    You look great. Even if you take back the tank top- you'll still look great!

    ReplyDelete