Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mondays!

Yesterday was a total Monday. Papa Snacker was sick. It was 90+ here in Camas. I'm about three projects behind still, even though I worked through the weekend. But the worst part of it all--the chickens have taken to eating their eggs. I'm heartbroken and don't have a clue what to do. I didn't see it, I was on a conference call until 8pm. But I did hear the egg song, so when I finally made it back downstairs I asked after the egg. That's when I heard the news. We never even got to see it before the rooster went after it. Now we have to figure out why and how to stop it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, We raised 200 chicken a year, when I was little. We never had that happen. I went on the interent and found that when chickens eat there eggs it's usually result because of poor husbandry or management practiciesm not enough nest space is provided or they aren't getting the nutrients that they need. They might be eating the eggs simply because they are trying to make up for whatever nutrients they aren't getting in their feed. They also need plenty fo clean, fresh drinking water. Hens need greater amounts of water than other birds and may consume their eggs for the liquid content. This came from the Mississippi State University Extension Service. I hop that helps.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete