Five chickens and $500 in chicken infrastructure (to call it a coop just doesn't do it justice), I now know why the chicken crossed the road. To get away from the other chickens! We had our first road crossing this evening. I threw a cherry to Bootstrap. Bootstrap races to be the first at a cherry, she loves them. Until today, the others haven't paid much attention to cherries. Apparently, they've seen the light. Bootstrap was running around, trying to find a safe spot to peck at her treat, but the others wouldn't let her. They chased her up and down the sidewalk, around the tree, and, finally, across the street. Picture five chickens racing single file around the neighborhood, the ringleader in black with a bright red cherry in her beak.
Lesson learned. When I throw cherries, it'll be one for everyone from now on.
What? No picture?!
ReplyDeleteI wish, it WAS funny.
ReplyDelete