I can't even begin to describe this day. It started off great. A lovely breakfast in Squaw Lake, the girls finally got their 4 wheeler rides with cousin Katie, we found the world's best souvenir stand for all our Minnesota keep sake needs, then we hit North Dakota. About 100 miles into North Dakota, the indicator light for the tires went off. We discovered along the way that the tires on the rented mini van were bald, bald, bald. Not wanting to take any chances, we pulled off in Steele, MN to check the tire pressure. No real problem but it was dinner time so we stopped at the Steer Inn. If you ever have the chance, I recommend skipping both. Our "quick" dinner took an hour and half and bad enough to justify an email to the North Dakota Health Department on the way out of town. We continued on to Glendive and made it by 11pm, where we had a hotel debacle I can't begin to relive this soon. Let's just say, the kids will have a story to tell their kids and I'll be hiring someone to check my mail because I'll not be leaving my house anytime soon. If we ever see it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment